Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Invasion Has Begun... Oh yes...

Yesterday, (Tuesday, May 20th 2008) Love Psychedelico's US Debut album was released. A few days before, the album was available on iTunes with an iTunes only bonus track, "Mind Across The Universe". Ah.... It feels good. Here's a look at the packaging:



This is the front cover. Notice the logo is embossed.




A view of the packaging with the right flap open.




This is the meat of the packaging. The book in the center reads right to left, Japanese style!




The back cover. When you buy the CD, please read the message printed next to Naoki's leg.


Note I didn't open the book for ya or show you the small gift of gratitude you get when you buy the CD. Those are things you'll have to discover for yourself.

As for the CD itself, it sounds astounding. It's mastered with HDCD, so if you can at all possible listen to it that way, please do. Dare I say this CD sounds better than the Japanese masters???

So, you may ask, why the silence for so long? Well, I've had many different irons in the fire lately, including papering the city of Pittsburgh with Love Psychedelico Logos in preparation for the CD release.

I have some photos of the placement of the fliers and postcards. Unfortunately, a lot of the places we hit told us to leave it with them and they'd do it later, but some were DIY and I took full advantage.



1: Love Psychedelico Postcards nest along with other happenings.
2: An L.P. poster stands guard at the entrance to Jerry's Records.
3: Another poster sits regally atop other bills at Heads Together.
4: The Beehive sports the latest in Japanese Band Handbills.

There was some resistance to the posters due to the dating of the posters. It said the album was being released in April and a few people questioned why I was putting up outdated posters. Hopefully, the posters will stay up long enough to pique some curiousity. I wish I had more pics, but I can only cross my fingers and hope the other posters are seen by the right people.

What other news? Oh! The 'Delico played an acoustic set in LA to a sold out, capacity house. I wasn't there, natch, but I heard it was fab. I hadn't heard about the SF show, but I can only imagine it was the same.

The Video for "Standing Bird" has been in rotation on MTV U to some degree of success.

When there's more news, I'll try to get it out to you! If you haven't bought it yet, you can get the "This Is Love Psychedelico" CD from Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and Best Buy. You can also get it directly digital from iTunes here.

No comments: